Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lemon Garlic Pasta


The FINAL pasta dish I made - but this was the crowd pleaser. Read for more adventure!

Here it is, the last pasta dish that I created. In total, I made one, two, three, four, and this being FIVE pasta dishes in one month! I don't know if I should be proud or disgusted to be honest. A lot of carbohydrates, but somehow I lost weight (post to come soon).

I don't recall if I have ever heard of a pasta dish using lemon as the main ingredient, but this was a first for me. From the book "Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan," the author said that she was craving pasta, but didn't have sauce, using whatever was in her kitchen. Luckily, I had all of the ingredients too! Only great minds think alike x"p.

I basically put all of the ingredients in a food processor, and then bam! Sauce. What I didn't read though, was the fact to leave the pine nuts out of the mix, and put in the basil. Oh well, bit size pine nuts look better, and basil on its own is lovely too! Can pretty find most of these ingredients at home, from lemon juice, garlic, salt, mustard, pepper, oil, to even agave nectar! I find this stuff popping in stores recently, and it really surprises me!

So I blend the sauce with the pasta, and judgement time comes: It flavourful, and has a tang to it, feeling light in the stomach, and not giving that ache after eating pasta full of cream and cheese. I fed this to my family, and they said that they really enjoyed this dish (really? Perhaps I haven't grown to love lemons to the max - yet).

Being this the last noodle dish, I must say it ended pretty well. It's the perfect dish for summer, light and plentiful.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment