Monday, June 20, 2011

Mediterranean Eggplant Spread


Otherwise known as salsa (which would have already been vegan?) My thoughts after click!

I thought this would be fun to make for possibly a lunch or something, since it said it would be a spread - well, this is what it looked like. Also, I haven't used eggplant before, so why not have an experiment with it?

This comes from "Student's Go Vegan Cookbook," so it should be easy, right? Well, it takes some time, requiring to bake the eggplant, fry the vegetables, and a bunch of other stuff. Needless to say, a lot of efforst for a spread, huh?

This dish contains onions, tomatoes, basil, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, all of the yummy stuff! As for taste: well, it turned out to be more a dip than a spread, and it was too liquid for my liking. But otherwise, it could be an alternative to traditional salsa if you want to try something different. My family tried this, and they said that the eggplant made the dish taste 'weird' - pretty sure it would when you don't eat eggplant on a daily basis d": Yes, this dish is not bad, I would probably omit the lemon juice and add maybe agave nectar for a thicker salsa... Perhaps I should try (not likely though!)

Rating: 3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment