Monday, June 6, 2011

Salad & Seven Grain Crispy Tenders


For those lazy nights, make 'instant' food. Read on my review!

Another late night from work, and not a lot was there for me to eat (curse the meat!) Fortunately, there was salad, which was basically lettuce and dried cranberries. The dressing was poppy seed, and oh my, that was pretty tasty (and simple to make!)

Now what's on the right? Why it's the expensive and always questionable Gardein! This one I must say was pretty tasty. These were baked, and they actually look like they were deep fried! These imitation chicken strips are known as Seven Grain Crispy Tenders.

For something that is trying to be meat, I must say that I really liked these A LOT! It feels like chicken in your mouth, and it's juicy and crispy. Of course it doesn't taste like chicken one bit, but that can be forgiven. If Gardein were to sell these in a Costco size, I'd buy them definitely instead of chicken strips - but then I would think it would cost about $30 for 50 pieces - it would still be worth it!

Not much creativity, but if you're looking for something instant, then this is not bad to fill up the tummy.

Rating: 4½ out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment