Saturday, June 4, 2011

Banana Cream Pancakes


Who don't like pancakes, they are the best for breakfast! My only breakfast review, read on!

The one time I woke up early in the morning to avoid my dad from making me breakfast (which is always oatmeal -_-") I decided to make my favourite dish that I crave for: PANCAKES! I mean, they're flat, chewy, and can be eaten any time of the day.

This recipe came from "Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan," by Dreena Burton. There is a twist to these pancakes, as they require spelt flour (gluten-free flour), coconut milk, and bananas (Jack Johnson song, anyone?) When I was mixing them, nothing different from old classic mix, but for fun I added chocolate chips to the other half of the mix.

Cook, flip, cook, done! About 30 minutes later, I tried my first vegan pancake; it did not lack in flavour at all! Actually, I think these are tastier than old classic pancakes (sorry to the ihop!) It's moist, and almost tastes like a whole wheat flour (a bonus indeed!) My brother tried one, and every morning, he asks if I can make these... I would, only if we had an endless supply of bananas though!

For my only breakfast that I made, I give my compliments to the chef.

Rating: 5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment