Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Indian Sweet Potato Wraps with Chutney


It sounded like a great recipe... let's say I had high expectations from this. Click on to see my thoughts, and another picture!

Seems though that a majority of the meals that I have made are Indian inspired, probably because they have a variety of vegetarian recipes (a little adjustment, and it's vegan!) But I don't really see what makes this Indian apart from the Chutney, which was store-bought. Then again, it's probably for convenience as this recipe comes from "Student's Go Vegan Cookbook" by Carole Raymond.

I am not sure how this recipe is suppose to look, but the directions said to bake the sweet potato, which came out a bit burnt, and then mix with all of the other ingredients, including frozen peas, tomatoes, lemon juice, and Tabasco. What you are mainly seeing in the bowl is soft silken tofu, which I thought would be like butter or a paste, but instead it comes in a block... so it looks more like scrambled eggs?

So I took a picture of it on a wrap, and it's doesn't look the best:



As for the taste: I liked the vegetables, and the chutney! I think it would have been better without the tofu though, and be just a veggie wrap with some chutney. You win with some recipes, and lose with others. This was far from a winner.

Rating: 2 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment