Thursday, May 26, 2011

Déjà Vu Sloppy Joes


This was truly a great way to begin vegan month! Read more after the jump!

Actually, this was the second meal I made for myself. My first recipe was a Portobello Mushroom burger, but unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of that.

Anyways, this recipe comes from the book "Student's Go Vegan Cookbook" by Carole Raymond. Out of the recipes I have tried, this was one of the best! This tasted similar to the original, surprising myself that there wasn't any beef in this, which has been replaced by tofu (who knew?)

The only difference I can think about is texture because honestly, ground beef and ground tofu aren't similar in any way. Other than that, I'm pretty sure all the spices such as cumin and chili powder are the true contributors into making this tasty burger. Perhaps I should try with beef when June comes along.

Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment