Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Product Reviews: Close Up White Now

This will either be a nice post, or a horrible one... Depending if you like to look at teeth that is. With so many toothpastes out there, this one peaked my interest. My thoughts after the jump.

Instant White Teeth? Could it be possible?


When it comes to whitening teeth, toothpastes are bombarded with those key words. Seems though  everyone is obsessed with having pearly whites. And to be fair, who would want yellow teeth? So instead of trying a whitening kit (those can be expensive), I decided to try a toothpaste called "Close Up White Now." A pretty catchy name for a toothpaste, but I mainly got interested from this video.

This product promises to give you a whiter smile after one brush. But there are some things to keep in mind. First, let's take a look at the toothpaste:

Wah! It's nice and sparkly!

Since the toothpaste was blue, I thought it could have potential. Looking at dentists, they use that blue light in order to make teeth white. Once I put it in my mouth, I tasted a mint flavour. It's not too strong, perfectly mild. I enjoyed brushing my teeth because of that. And what else got me excited? The fact that the residue is blue itself (that should be a given though d":). And to see if results worked, I took pictures:

Before

After

Honestly, I didn't see any results after the first try. But since I still had a tube left of the product, I took more pictures. I even tried it at night. Here are the results:

Before

After

You can see a little bit, but it's not noticeable compared to daytime. And to prove it, more pictures of my teeth (exciting, right?) Second time, I didn't really expect any significant changes. But what surprised me were the results that I saw in Day 2:

Before

After

It's pretty much a shade brighter! You can tell a difference, right? And this is not photoshopped - otherwise, I would have removed my facial hair, don't you think? So it does work, but it's not amazingly white. I guess that is what one can expect from a toothpaste. For the heck of it, here are more pictures of my teeth:

Before

After

Like I said earlier, it's not as noticeable at night. But perhaps it wouldn't really matter since teeth wouldn't be the first thing you see in the dark? And there is no need to show them off - unless, perhaps your spouse? Anyways, another random day I took pictures:

Before

After

It looks whiter, but with very little significance this time. How can that be? Maybe my teeth aren't affected by the product no more... And as for nighttime:

Before

After

Simply said: it's not a product to use at night. But if you are like me not willing to have two toothpastes out at the same time, might as use it all quickly as possible.

Close Up White Now does what it says: gives you a brighter smile after one brush. The only catch is, your teeth will be a shade lighter to than they already are. So if your teeth are yellow (like mine >.<), the results will be only a bit lighter - so, a less disgusting shade of yellow. It's not the best product for whitening, but it gets points for giving an illusion of lighter teeth, and the taste is good!

I don't think it is sold in North America (I got mine from Asia), but then again, I could be wrong. Not bad as a toothpaste, but it does not give incredible results; they are just minor changes.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information...
    product

    ReplyDelete