Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happiness in small packages

Yay, March is here! That means only one thing: time to grow :"D

My bible - and it was free!

Let's see what I'm germinating this season!
Finally, I'm taking the right procedures in growing a garden. I'm starting on time, and possibly too early for some vegetables. But that's OK! Long as I'm being careful, it will all be good.

It was so nice and sunny today, so I'm not really sure how people were freezing? Sure, it's chilly out today, but if I'm allowed to go outside, I'll take it. But the one who is really excited is my nanny - she's only in it for her vegetables.

Now without further adieu, let's see some of things it takes to grow a garden:

Seeds, those are always helpful

Biodegradable pots - kind of a waste, but more convenient

Oh, these things are so awesome!

A better look at what I'm growing. Lovely, isn't it?

However, I am not growing all of these vegetables! Why? It's not that I don't want to, but I would like to try something else this year. Kind of like with school: take my set, and try out a course that seems interesting. So in total, I'll be growing EIGHT vegetables and TWO herbs. I might try out a fruit, depending on my curiosity. Here is the list of vegetables that I'll be trying out:


In case you can't see, that is:
  • Eggplant
  • Lettuce
  • Okra
  • Pac Choi (Joi Choi & White Stemmed)
  • Red Pepper
  • Spinach
  • Yu Choi Sum
  • Basil
  • Cilantro
I can't wait for the summer, when these babies will be in full bloom and ready to eat! Isn't it amazing what the earth can do? Yes, it's going to be a very green garden, and I'm just so excited for it!

OK, one more photo:

Let's make something out of the basics! Which cost a lot...

Stay tuned for the next post, hopefully in a fortnight (two weeks, just wanted to use that word)

No comments:

Post a Comment