Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Adorabelle High Tea Room

It's always a good idea to go for tea. But place it in the heart of Steveston with some lovely ladies? You simply can't have a better afternoon than one quite like this. Alas, I have experienced the Adorabelle Tea Room & Gift Shop. Let's take a fancy, shall we?

IMG_9601
Essentially, the perfect tea pot to suit my surname

February 15, 2015

It has been some time since I have seen my ladies, two whom I met from different occasions. One of them is Louise, a lovely who I met while volunteering at the Speech Clinic from last year, and the other one is Genesis, a grandeur who I hit off one of my friends' party. One day, my friend Louise messaged me that we should try high tea - now why would I pass on such an offer?

Since we both live fairly close to Steveston village, we had to try Adorabelle, a little shop that could be mistaken as grandmother's house:

IMG_9591
It feels so cozy and, adorable!

IMG_9592
What a lovely home (it's even the same colour as Carl Fredricksen's)

I did not take a photo of the interior, but once you step in, you are taken into an alternate dimension. Pink and white walls make the place feel big while the lighting to represent the sky take you away to another place, like Paris (the Eiffel tower was one of the paintings). From fancy mirrors hanging everywhere to antlers for wall decor, there was too much cute to handle. As if there was more to be impressed, look at this tea set: 

IMG_9593

An elegant flower just peeking out to say 'bonjour'

Whoever created this environment had a vision, as the waitresses were even dressed in full costume of French maids (proper ones, not the risqué type). The one helping us came with a tray filled with an arrangement of teas, almost as big to our table (which could possibly fit about six). Since we all had our own individual tea pots (pink, of course! which came with their own cozy), we got to pick which one we wanted to taste. Both Louise and Genesis selected the mango tea, while I picked the seasonal choice, which was a mixture of rhubarb, chocolate, and strawberries... My, it was delicious! And with cream and honey, it couldn't have any been sweeter.

About 10 to 15 minutes later, the food came on a tier, divided for your own enjoyment. I must say, the presentation was spectacular:

IMG_9594
So fluffy and so yummy

I was at first shocked by how empty it looked, but don't let your eyes deceive you. From the bottom, there were a variety of two sandwiches, with bread the texture of a pillow. And the filling inside was so good, they made me like egg sandwich! With the second tier, there were two scones, one of orange, and the other of coconut. Add a little whipped butter, and you are in heaven.

By this time, I was getting a bit full, but then you have finally made it to the top of the tier: desserts. And who can resist a mini cheesecake, an earl grey cookie, chocolate, and the best one yet: cream-filled strawberry. Of all the tiers, I think I devoured the top the quickest. While I was stuffing my face until I no longer could handle it, Louise and Genesis both had to pack their essentials home (they were basically full by eating half of the second tier!)

But before we headed home, we had to take a picture by the teacup wall (that's incredibly genius of an idea!):

IMG_9595
From left: Myself, Genesis, Louise

IMG_9596
You can see the display better with this shot

And if it couldn't get any better, they sell their own teas, biscuits, and these cleverly designed cookies:

IMG_9598
Teabag-shaped shortbread sitting beside some cheese biscuits... mmm, delicious

IMG_9600
Nothing like some flowers to liven the place up, matched with my favourite number

This might be the standard expectation the next time we venture into a high tea shop, because this was an absolute delight. There is nothing that I would change about this place, except maybe having some macarons available at the shop (but that's just my personal preference). Other than that, I can't wait to see what comes next with high tea. Loved it so dearly, and until next time, I'll be dreaming about a delectable escape from reality...

IMG_9599
Golden tea set for the exquisite

No comments:

Post a Comment